Today was a bit of a lazy day, so myself and my boyfriend went out to get a Starbucks and then decided to take a wander around some of the shops near by. We went into NewLook because I wanted to look at getting another skirt because I have one that I love and pretty much live in, and since this heatwave looks set to stay, I wanted to kit out with another to give myself a few more options.
There wasn’t a whole lot to choose from and I actually only found one skirt and no shorts which was a bit disappointing, but this one skirt I found will work well with a lot of outfits so its a good starting point. I also picked up a jumper that I liked that I can wear in the evening when it cools off a bit as well as into the autumn/winter time as well.
I also found a mug that looks super cute so I picked it up, it says Just Renewed my Gin Membership on it, which I thought was kinda funny.
Summer has fully hit us in England, with heat-waves expected for the next two weeks I thought I’d write out some things to do this summer, either by yourself or with friends and family
- Go to an outdoor swimming pool: there aren’t many of these in the UK because of obvious reasons, but the ones we do have are decent and some even have a water slide or two. This is a great thing to do with a group of friends, family or even just by yourself to get a bit of down time
- Go for a hike: there are some stunning places to go hiking and luckily for me I live fairly close to Surrey so getting to a nice walking trail isn’t too hard
- Sunbathe in the garden or park: one of my favourite things to do is sit in my garden and read a good book (check out The Sunday Lunch Club by Juliet Ashton) and relax in the sun, perfect for getting my pale skin some form of colour
- Go for a road trip: pile all your friends in your car, designate a DJ and set off somewhere. I like to road trip to the coast, and eat fish and chips on the beach before heading back
- Picnics: I do this a lot with my friend Sammiie where we raid a Tescos meal deal section, get some ice-lollies and crisps and go sit in a field somewhere
- Go to a beer garden or bar: nice beer gardens and bars are easy to come across and nothing beats sitting with some friends in the pub chatting
I think since it’s now officially supposed to be summer, its time to do a 10 things im loving post.
- Lush Tea Tree Toner Water – I’ve had this for a while and keep going back to it because its been working so well on my skin at helping to calm and prevent breakouts and its the perfect size for sticking in your hand bag if you want to spritz your face with it during the day to feel more refreshed.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost – I’ve had this for a little while now and its my number one highlighter! I’m looking at eventually getting some of the others but its such a nice highlighter and it doesnt have to be blinding but if you want to, you can build it up which is what I absolutely love about it! Its perfect for every occasion!
- Apple Music – I was a little bit late on the ride for this one and it was a friend who finally convinced me to try it when he was using it whilst we were snowboarding. I think its so good and I absolutely love it so much! I love that you can save the songs to your phone and make your own playlists and its perfect for now its getting sunnier for those sunny walks with some music on your headphones.
- The original Champneys health spa, summer dream rewarding butter souffle – I’ve had the set of the body wash, body scrub and body butter for a while, but during the winter I get lazy and often forget about the body scrub and body butter unless I have a race that requires shorts. But these have the nicest smell to them and I love them, their a fair price for what you get and a little goes a long way especially with the body butter.
- Adidas Original trainers – I brought these a few months back because I’m wearing through my other trainers so quickly and these have become one of my outfit staples. They go with so many different outfits and are super comfy, by far my favourite trainers.
- Gardenia Blossom scented candle – I brought this from Clintons a few months back and fell in love with the scent. It was planned to go in my bathroom for when I’m having a bath, but it ended up being moved to my bedroom and is my go to candle at the moment. The scent is amazing and so summery, I’m looking at getting body wash and body butter in the same scent! Its my favourite!
- Peppermint tea – I was told to drink a lot of peppermint tea by my doctors for my stomach condition, especially for when I’m stressed, and the last seven or so months have been super stressful so I’ve been downing this by the gallon and to be totally honest, I actually really like it, its got a nice refreshing taste that actually makes me feel a tad more awake once I’ve finished it. I’ve got a box at my boyfriends as well I love it that much!
- A notebook – I know this isn’t a specific thing, but I’ve really been enjoying having a notebook and pen on me at all times so I can write down things that come to mind and also have notes on me when I go to hospital appointments. Its also really helpful at letting me keep track of my health to tell my care team as well as noting down things I dont want to forget or ideas that I want to try. I really do love a good notebook!
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – I have this in the shade Androgyny and its by far my favourite liquid lipstick. I love how it applies so nicely and isn’t drying on the lips, it also has such a bold and long lasting colour so you dont have to keep re-applying it.
- Infamous Second Son – my boyfriends bother lent me some PS4 games to play after I had an operation and had to not do anything for two weeks, and this was one of them. Its been my total favourite and I really love it, its an idea and story that I hadn’t realised anyone had done yet or at least done well and I’m totally hooked.
So those are my ten things I’m loving at the moment. I’m planning on uploading a bit more regularly as I’m coming to the end of my HND course and family/medical stuff is starting to sort itself out so I should have a bit more time to do things and blog for you all.
Comment below what you’re loving at the moment to give me ideas of things to try!