Tad late on this train but after having the palette since May… I thought it’s about time to do a review on the Too Faced Peach Palette. Slow I know.
I got this palette for my birthday from my nan and I took a while picking between this one and the Natural Love palette, however after a lot of YouTubing videos comparing them and trying to figure out which ones I’m likely to use more, I decided on the Sweet Peach palette. Its now become one of my staples for everyday make up.
The packaging is a really pretty pink ombre effect and is metal that shuts via a magnet. I really like the way the peaches are embossed (I dont think that the right word but their bumpy) and the way its an ombred pink really gives you a feel for the palette before you even open it. Its gorgeous and the metal packaging for me is a saint as it doesn’t get finger prints. The hinge on mine has a small bit of play in it but nothing major and doesn’t have any affect on the quality of the packaging at all.
The colours in the palette are such a good mix of colours that work well with each other, and I currently love using the colour caramelized as a transition colour, with puree in the crease and either bellini or luscious on my lid. These make for a really pretty natural eye look that I wear on a daily basis, usually with no eyeliner, but if I’m in the mood for some I’ll add a winged liner to it to make it a bit more glam. When I wear this palette I always get tons of compliments on my eye make up so its one of my go-to palettes for a casual day look.
I think there are so many options for some brighter looks as well as some darker and theres so many eye look options its a go too for natural day, something a bit more glam and for an evening look with some lashes and winged eye liner.
I love make up and clothes. Fact. Do I have enough space for them? No. An email I got earlier this week got me thinking about how I would design my own dream dressing room if I didn’t have a budget. I was sent a link to a US furniture brand with some amazingly designed furniture which I would totally purchase if I had the money. So here is how my dream dressing room would look.
For the wallpaper I would have shimmery turquoise paper with gold flecks in it on the main feature wall with the other walls being a light grey/white shade. I’d match this to a golden/brass coloured chandelier for lighting as well as some white tea light holders for that extra cosy feel.
For my dressing table I would have the desk shown below, putting some cute storage boxes in the hutches and putting a marble sticker sheet over the dark wood to keep the lighter theme running, or maybe even just paint it the same shade as white as the dresser that I would use for storage. On top of the dresser I would have a tealight holder and the Hurricane vase with some light pink Lillies in, as well as having a tealight and the glass cylinder on the desk to hold my make up brushes. I really loved the design of the chair, especially with the darker edges and legs.
I’d also have a coffee table and sofa to chill on as well as for my friends to sit on when we’re getting ready for a night out. I’d put the embroidered pillows on the sofa to keep it comfy as well as another Hurricane vase on the table for some more flowers. I’d have the mirror in the corner by the dresser so I can see what my outfits are like, and of course I’d have a mirror with lights around the edge on my desk/make up table.
All products featured above are from Arhaus
If you are looking for some beautiful Lights & pendant lights then check out these links!
I am totally obsessed with a good highlight and after getting the Jeffree Star highlighter I wasn’t sure I’d find something better because its my favourite highlighter ever!! Then I found the Iconic London Illuminator and my gosh the glow is real… I researched into a bit because its £29.99 and to be totally honest I took money out of my savings to buy it so I wanted to be sure I wasn’t wasting my money.
This highlight blew my expectations like seriously… if you love a bright glow… this is the one for you. The pigmentation is insane so I usually do three three small drops along my
cheek bone and blend it out with a beauty blender, and honestly that is all you need. Its so bright and glowy and I tend to set it with my Jeffree Star highlighter, but honestly I dont even think you need to set it, I just like being a bit extra with my highlight.
It comes in a small glass pot with a dropper and I can tell that this is going to last me aaaaages. This is one product that I would 100% recommend buying and I’m hoping to try some more of their products soon!
I’ve been wanting to get hold of some Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products for a while and especially since getting the eyeshadow palette, I just needed one. I’d seen everyone raving about the dip brown pomade on YouTube and other blogs for ages but wasn’t sure if that was the one for me, especially when I saw the brow wiz. I decided that to really decide which one is for me, I’d have to buy both.
Turns out they were both for me but in different ways. The brow wiz works amazingly for really effortless natural brows, I find this is my go too for if I have work or just running to the shops quickly but don’t want to look like I’ve just rolled out of bed, even though I most probably have. However I don’t think this would be the best if you want defined brows, the product isn’t very pigmented and you cant really outline your brows well because the pencil drags your skin and the line goes everywhere. If you just want to roughly fill in your brows this is definitely perfect.
The dip brow pomade I ordered in the same shade as the brow wiz because that colour matched me well, however the dip brow seems to be slightly darker, however that could have been because I wasn’t expecting the product to be as soft or as pigmented as it is and put way too much on the first time I used it. I feel this will be my go to more for if I’m going out somewhere as its more of a glam, defined brow. I haven’t had too much of a chance to play around with it and try different things like making it a natural look, but I can tell once I get a bit more used to handling the product it will be amazing.
Along with the two eyebrow products I also purchased the Anastasia eyebrow brush. This has become my favourite brush of all time, its so precise and makes the product go on so smoothly, and the little spoolie comb bit at the end is super good at blending out and spreading the product a bit more. A definite recommend.
I think since it’s now officially supposed to be summer, its time to do a 10 things im loving post.
- Lush Tea Tree Toner Water – I’ve had this for a while and keep going back to it because its been working so well on my skin at helping to calm and prevent breakouts and its the perfect size for sticking in your hand bag if you want to spritz your face with it during the day to feel more refreshed.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost – I’ve had this for a little while now and its my number one highlighter! I’m looking at eventually getting some of the others but its such a nice highlighter and it doesnt have to be blinding but if you want to, you can build it up which is what I absolutely love about it! Its perfect for every occasion!
- Apple Music – I was a little bit late on the ride for this one and it was a friend who finally convinced me to try it when he was using it whilst we were snowboarding. I think its so good and I absolutely love it so much! I love that you can save the songs to your phone and make your own playlists and its perfect for now its getting sunnier for those sunny walks with some music on your headphones.
- The original Champneys health spa, summer dream rewarding butter souffle – I’ve had the set of the body wash, body scrub and body butter for a while, but during the winter I get lazy and often forget about the body scrub and body butter unless I have a race that requires shorts. But these have the nicest smell to them and I love them, their a fair price for what you get and a little goes a long way especially with the body butter.
- Adidas Original trainers – I brought these a few months back because I’m wearing through my other trainers so quickly and these have become one of my outfit staples. They go with so many different outfits and are super comfy, by far my favourite trainers.
- Gardenia Blossom scented candle – I brought this from Clintons a few months back and fell in love with the scent. It was planned to go in my bathroom for when I’m having a bath, but it ended up being moved to my bedroom and is my go to candle at the moment. The scent is amazing and so summery, I’m looking at getting body wash and body butter in the same scent! Its my favourite!
- Peppermint tea – I was told to drink a lot of peppermint tea by my doctors for my stomach condition, especially for when I’m stressed, and the last seven or so months have been super stressful so I’ve been downing this by the gallon and to be totally honest, I actually really like it, its got a nice refreshing taste that actually makes me feel a tad more awake once I’ve finished it. I’ve got a box at my boyfriends as well I love it that much!
- A notebook – I know this isn’t a specific thing, but I’ve really been enjoying having a notebook and pen on me at all times so I can write down things that come to mind and also have notes on me when I go to hospital appointments. Its also really helpful at letting me keep track of my health to tell my care team as well as noting down things I dont want to forget or ideas that I want to try. I really do love a good notebook!
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – I have this in the shade Androgyny and its by far my favourite liquid lipstick. I love how it applies so nicely and isn’t drying on the lips, it also has such a bold and long lasting colour so you dont have to keep re-applying it.
- Infamous Second Son – my boyfriends bother lent me some PS4 games to play after I had an operation and had to not do anything for two weeks, and this was one of them. Its been my total favourite and I really love it, its an idea and story that I hadn’t realised anyone had done yet or at least done well and I’m totally hooked.
So those are my ten things I’m loving at the moment. I’m planning on uploading a bit more regularly as I’m coming to the end of my HND course and family/medical stuff is starting to sort itself out so I should have a bit more time to do things and blog for you all.
Comment below what you’re loving at the moment to give me ideas of things to try!