This is something done every year by everyone and very rarely achieved…. but I have a golden plan to help me achieve these this year. I’m going to break them down into monthly goals as well (it also means I get to buy a new organiser).
- To save a decent amount of money. My boyfriend and I are hoping to buy a place together as soon as I graduate university and secure a full time contract, so we’ve got our spreadsheets together and hopefully should achieve a decent amount of savings this year. This is one that will be broken down month to month so theres a minimum I want to save each month so thats my monthly goals.
- Work out at least twice a week. I’m very good at avoiding this one. Always a good reason not to go to the gym, but during the summer I did get really good at going but its slowly fizzled out with university and placements, so next year thats another aim. No matter if its hockey, karate or just riding my bike to uni.
- Study hard and get good grades. Studying is a hard one for me because I can study tons and struggle to retain the information, assuming I manage to sit down to study at all. Since being diagnosed with ADHD I’m working on my study techniques so hopefully next year, splitting my exams up with monthly goals should help me to prioritise topics to revise etc
- Spend more time making memories. I want to make sure I spend time having fun and being young while I still can, and I always want to take more photos to keep
- Work on self confidence. This is one that I’ve been struggling with for a few years and I’m hoping gradually I can achieve this even if its only a small improvement
- Spend less time on my phone. I want to take a book or something thats not my phone with me to help me keep off it for a bit. Social media is definitely toxic and something I want to cut down my use off.
What are some of your new years resolutions?