Anxiety is a thing I have had for a few years now, and social anxiety is what gets me the most. A lot of people don’t realise this about me because I can be very loud and outgoing when I get to know people, but I often become very shy and timid, not wanting to overstep boundaries and have people hate me. I wanted to find something that could help with my anxiety at home to hopefully ease it more when I go into social situations, and I came across glitter jars. I love these and find them really helpful, especially around exam time where I’m at my most stressed, so I thought I’d share how I made mine.
Things you need:
- A jar or bottle (I’d go for a medium size, around 500ml)
- Glitter glue in your colour of choice
- Clear glue (not PVA or something that dries clear, it needs to be clear when wet)
- Glitter in your colour of choice
- Something to stir
- Hot water (if using a bottle warm water will probably be best to avoid the bottle melting)
- Boil or warm up some water, and pour it into your jar or bottle to about half way
- Squeeze in all of your glitter glue and stir it. This can take a little while but just stir until the glitter glue breaks up
- Add in glitter of your choice (I added a colour and some white glitter to give it more sparkle). Stir the glitter right away to stop it clumping up
- Once you’ve added your desired amount of glitter, put in some clear glue. This slows the speed of the glitter falling so if you want the glitter to take longer to settle, add more glue
- Fill the rest of the jar or bottle up to the top with water. Then put the lid on. If making this for a younger child, I’d suggest super gluing the lid on
- Shake away and watch the glitter!
Here are some pictures of mine