Since I am planning on filming a YouTube video on this as well, I thought I’d do a blog post on it at the same time!
- I live in London/Surrey in England
- I’m 20 years old & my birthdays in May
- I don’t have any siblings
- My boyfriend & I have been going out for nearly two years
- I’m studying BSc Hons in Physiotherapy at one of the top medical schools in England & hope to either specialise in either respiratory or rehabilitation after transplants and illnesses
- I really want to get guinea pigs and also rescue another dog
- I have a brown belt in karate & have been doing it since I was six
- I’m learning how to speak Italian
- I have a few medical conditions such as a heart defect called Mitral Valve Regurgitation (leaky valve), Asthma, IBS & an autoimmune kidney disease called idiopathic membranous nephropathy
- Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons, I love nothing more than watching a film when it rains all cosy inside
- As well as karate I cycle competitively and horse ride
- I have seven piercings (two lobes, double helix, rook, belly & conch) but no tattoos, although I am planning on getting one soon
- I grew up as a carer for my mum who had a stroke after I was born as well as having ushers syndrome amongst others
- I met my boyfriend through work although we didn’t start going out until a year later
- I love reading. I can sit and read a book for hours on end
- I drink tea way too much
- I’m very thick skinned and it takes a lot to upset me
- I studied photography for A-level and HND (higher national diploma)
- I love make up and fashion and I’m forever talking myself out of buying things
- Although I can be impulsive I like to plan certain things in advance and can get rather agitated when things don’t go as planned
So these are 20 facts about me! The YouTube video of it will be up soon!
Myself and my boyfriend both ride bikes. We also both do cyclocross. I’m taking a season out and only riding for fun to get fitness back after a year of not really riding much at all. Yesterday was the third round of the LCCA, and after missing last weeks due to my boyfriend moving house, he was pretty stoked to ride this week. I was also planning on riding until I came down with a bug, I decided it best to get over the bug before racing again. This round was held at Herne Hill Velodrome. The best bit is not many people know theres a velodrome near my area so when I tell people who are non-riders their a bit like ‘oh, didn’t know that was there’.
My boyfriends a pretty quick rider and has been doing this for a few years now, however he lacks self-confidence sometimes and psychs himself out sometimes, so my aim for this year is to help him realise how good he actually is and help him reach his full potential. He started this race really strong in 2nd place and I honestly thought he’d have it in the bag because he has a lot of stamina and can hold places through out a race and rarely drops down places unless crashing. Thats exactly what happened. He crashed on a techy piece that was slipper than expected. It was a tough terrain with the top layer being slippy and then it being hard packed mud underneath, needing mud tyre but high pressure. Wilf held himself around 10th for the whole race & built a big enough gap between him and the rider behind him. Although a bit bummed he crashed, he’s still chuffed with where he came and is looking forward to his next round.
Wilf in the pits next to his pit bike
The new pavilion
If you didn’t already know, I have a YouTube channel. I’ve been trying to start one up for a few years now and I’d start it then not keep up with it because of time and lacking video ideas. However I recently downsized my camera to a Canon G7x (which I love) and re-started my YouTube channel. My aim is weekly vlogs because that’ll be easier to work around my university but still have videos that are tutorials, hauls and so on. I think having a more laid back channel will be so much easier to work around my schedule and as I’m not working anymore I’ll have time on a weekend to edit or film if I need too.
The channels been up for about a month now and I have managed to keep uploading at least one video a week (which is my aim) and I have been really enjoying it. Having spent four years studying photography I didn’t want to completely forget my creative side, however I just don’t have the buzz to take photos anymore, I seem to have more of a buzz to film videos and write blog posts which I am enjoying so much more. So check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you’d like. Its not perfect and there is room for improvement, but I have just started and improvement will come as I do it more often.
Heres a link to my YouTube Channel if you’d like to look!
When I went to London with my friend, we went straight into Selfridges. It was like heaven. I’ve never been to Selfridges before and I order a lot of my make up online so walking into there where there was so much good looking make up was amazing! I went to all the stalls and had an idea of some products that I wanted to buy and held myself back from buying some products (the Victoria Beckham highlighter is high up on my Christmas list just saying). However I’ve been eyeing Charlotte Tilbury products for a few years but just never got round to buying anything from her, but my friend Arabella has her sculpt palette and when we saw it at her stand, I brought it. The lady who served us also gave us sixteen foundation samples to share between us as well which was pretty cool of her to do.
I’ve been using this everyday since I got it and I have to admit. Its amazing. If you want a subtle contour this is 100% the one for you. When I go to uni I don’t want to be wearing a really bold contour and highlight because thats a bit OTT for uni. But this is perfect, the bronze is subtle but you can see the difference when its on, it blends really easily and is really pigmented. The highlight, although its gold and I’ve never used a gold highlight before, is really nice. Its not a harsh highlight so if you want it a bit more blinding you have to really build it up, but it looks super gorgeous on the skin and adds a really natural looking glow. I want to try this with an Iconic London liquid highlighter, but as mines in the pink shade I need to repurchase the golden one (as long as its not too dark for me as I’m fairly pale). This is 100% going to be my go to for university and its in a really pretty packaging thats pretty sturdy and thin at the same time. 100% reccomend.