I think since it’s now officially supposed to be summer, its time to do a 10 things im loving post.
- Lush Tea Tree Toner Water – I’ve had this for a while and keep going back to it because its been working so well on my skin at helping to calm and prevent breakouts and its the perfect size for sticking in your hand bag if you want to spritz your face with it during the day to feel more refreshed.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost – I’ve had this for a little while now and its my number one highlighter! I’m looking at eventually getting some of the others but its such a nice highlighter and it doesnt have to be blinding but if you want to, you can build it up which is what I absolutely love about it! Its perfect for every occasion!
- Apple Music – I was a little bit late on the ride for this one and it was a friend who finally convinced me to try it when he was using it whilst we were snowboarding. I think its so good and I absolutely love it so much! I love that you can save the songs to your phone and make your own playlists and its perfect for now its getting sunnier for those sunny walks with some music on your headphones.
- The original Champneys health spa, summer dream rewarding butter souffle – I’ve had the set of the body wash, body scrub and body butter for a while, but during the winter I get lazy and often forget about the body scrub and body butter unless I have a race that requires shorts. But these have the nicest smell to them and I love them, their a fair price for what you get and a little goes a long way especially with the body butter.
- Adidas Original trainers – I brought these a few months back because I’m wearing through my other trainers so quickly and these have become one of my outfit staples. They go with so many different outfits and are super comfy, by far my favourite trainers.
- Gardenia Blossom scented candle – I brought this from Clintons a few months back and fell in love with the scent. It was planned to go in my bathroom for when I’m having a bath, but it ended up being moved to my bedroom and is my go to candle at the moment. The scent is amazing and so summery, I’m looking at getting body wash and body butter in the same scent! Its my favourite!
- Peppermint tea – I was told to drink a lot of peppermint tea by my doctors for my stomach condition, especially for when I’m stressed, and the last seven or so months have been super stressful so I’ve been downing this by the gallon and to be totally honest, I actually really like it, its got a nice refreshing taste that actually makes me feel a tad more awake once I’ve finished it. I’ve got a box at my boyfriends as well I love it that much!
- A notebook – I know this isn’t a specific thing, but I’ve really been enjoying having a notebook and pen on me at all times so I can write down things that come to mind and also have notes on me when I go to hospital appointments. Its also really helpful at letting me keep track of my health to tell my care team as well as noting down things I dont want to forget or ideas that I want to try. I really do love a good notebook!
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – I have this in the shade Androgyny and its by far my favourite liquid lipstick. I love how it applies so nicely and isn’t drying on the lips, it also has such a bold and long lasting colour so you dont have to keep re-applying it.
- Infamous Second Son – my boyfriends bother lent me some PS4 games to play after I had an operation and had to not do anything for two weeks, and this was one of them. Its been my total favourite and I really love it, its an idea and story that I hadn’t realised anyone had done yet or at least done well and I’m totally hooked.
So those are my ten things I’m loving at the moment. I’m planning on uploading a bit more regularly as I’m coming to the end of my HND course and family/medical stuff is starting to sort itself out so I should have a bit more time to do things and blog for you all.
Comment below what you’re loving at the moment to give me ideas of things to try!
I love highlight, like so so much, its honestly my favourite part of my make up, so I’ve been trying some different ones out, I used the MUA one for a while before switching between that and the one in the Sleek palette that comes with a bronzer and blush. Since I have tried some high end ones starting with the Urban Decay one which I wasn’t a huge fan off because it was literally just glitter and barely even showed up on your face.
Having brought the Jefree Star Liquid Lipsticks and having really loved the products, I decided to try the highlighter. I purchased it in Princess Cut because it really stood out to me and a lot of the reviews I read had used Princess Cut as well.
I was not disappointed by this at all. Its huge, like literally bigger than the palm of my hand by a bit (I have really small hands so I’d say its about palm size give or take a bit) and it is so so gorgeous!! I apply this with a Spectrum fan brush and I find that its really build able and isn’t overly pigmented. Its pigmented enough that fine brushed pick up product but not the point that its too much and you have to knock some off the brush before applying.
I personally like my highlight to be bright but not over the top like some people so somewhere in the middle. I find that with two layers you get a really gentle shine thats noticeable in light but not out of light, so perfect if you prefer a more subtle highlight. I tend to put four to five layers on because I like it to really glow when the light hits it. This is my go to highlight and I am in total love with this product. I’m looking at getting another one in another shade as well as some of this other products like the eye shadow palette.
I recently got back from snowboarding with my boyfriend and some friends (literally got home about three hours ago) and so thought I’d write a post about it. It was my first time snowboarding and I have to admit, I loved every minute of it and even made it onto the red runs on my first day. We travelled to Chiavenna in Italy, its a small town in a valley which is the most picturesque place I have honestly ever been.
It was a long day travelling, leaving at four in the morning to get the flight then two trains from Milan taking just over two hours. Thankfully my boyfriends family friend who lives out there picked us up from the train station so we didn’t have to drag our bags up the mountain to their house (its a very steep trek uphill to their house) and also managed to squeeze in a food shop at the same time. My boyfriend and his friends have been before but this was my first time going to snowboard, so they introduced me to their tradition of kebab pizzas on the first night. I’m not technically supposed to eat either kebab or pizzas because my stomach cant cope with digesting that much fatty food, so I opted for a basic salami pizza whist the others ordered kebab pizza. I had a slice of my boyfriends and it was honestly so good, its worth a try!!
We went up the mountain and hired our snowboards from a local sports shop in Madesimo before starting our first day boarding. It was fairly snowy with heavy snowfall whilst we were boarding so we started on the bunny slope to get to grips with it before going onto a tougher run. The snow and wind was fairly heavy so you couldnt see very far in front of you which I wasn’t a huge fan off. It made me kinda disorientated so when I thought I was going downwards, I was actually going pretty much side ways and always ended up falling over. It did clear up a few days after so I ventured onto some tougher slopes and even mastered getting off the lifts (one of the guys keeping an eye on the ski lift actually started standing to the side of the chair I was getting off on so he could help steady me and guide me off. I still managed to fall). There were two particular runs that I really liked because they were fast and flowing, and once you have some music playing on your headphones, its honestly the best thing ever! I also fell a few times because I got a bit too into my music rather than focusing on staying upright on my board.
The scenery was stunning, having only seen it in the summer, it was amazing to see it in the winter as well, so was amazed at how beautiful it looked covered in snow, like my photos seriously don’t do it any justice. The last few days it got a bit warmer so the slopes turned to ice, so we stayed in Chiavenna and had a relaxed day before going out in the night then go karting on the Saturday. Before go karting we went up to his family friends house (we stayed in their summer house) and had a bbq outside in their garden. They have a stone bbq and their amazing cooks so their ‘bit of lunch’ is usually a buffet. The sun came out and it was pretty warm and it was such a nice atmosphere, listening to music, joking and eating some amazing food with a stunning view. Needless to say I didn’t want to leave and I’m planning on going back in the summer hopefully.
This is a total recommended place for a nice holiday and you should definitely check it out!
I’ve seen a lot of people who use subscriptions to online websites that send you make up samples but I’ve never really decided if it was worth it or not. Recently I decided to give it a go and signed up to Birchbox and recently got my first order through.
The box that I got with all the make up is such a nice box, its sturdy and really pretty, perfect size to store make up so I am going to be keeping hold of these boxes to put my make up into because I think they will stack really nicely as well and dont take up too much space.
The amount that you get in this box is definitely worth the £10, I got a full sized Spectrum C06 brush in rose gold, a Show Premiere finishing spray, a Smith & Cult lipgloss in the shade Diary of a Beauty Junkie, Beaver daily moisturising conditioning spray and an eyeshadow trio from Pop beauty called Champagne Mocha. As well as these I also got a Keeome hydration therapy mask which I am so excited to use!
So far I’ve only used the lipgloss which was a nice neutral light brown shade. The colour isn’t very vibrant but is very glossy, its also a tiny bit sticky but not to the point its horrible to wear, its a very thick lipgloss but feels really moisturising on your lips.
As well as these I also got a 25% off discount voucher for Papier which I am going to use to buy some notebooks for university in September. I think this box is totally worth the money and I’m so glad that I subscribed!