My skin has always been an issue for me. As a teenager it was always spotty and a nightmare to get under control. As an adult the spots are less but the under-skin spots and blackheads are un-moveable. I’ve tried everything from blackhead strips, daily exfoliating and deep pore cleansers and none have worked for me.
I came across the L’Oreal facemasks on Amazon when I was ordering some sheet face masks and I thought I’d give them a go, they’d gotten really good reviews and they weren’t massively expensive. I brought two, the 3 Pure Clays and Charcoal Detox Mask and the Smooth Sugar Clear Kiwi Face and Lip Scrub.
Before using the face mask I took off my make up with a the Simple Face Wash, patted my face dry and then applied the detox mask with a foundation brush. It only took about five/ten minutes to dry and it also didn’t dry making my face feel tight. I rinsed it off with warm water and then used the Sugar Scrub.
The detox mask is really good and I strongly recommend it, a little goes a long way with this too so I can see it lasting a long time, even if I use it twice a week I think this pot will last me a couple of months. It doesn’t feel harsh on the skin which considering I have fairly sensitive skin, is a good thing.
The Sugar Scrub however I found harsher on the skin. I’m not sure if maybe I was being particularly heavy handed or not but it felt rather rough on the skin. It did work wonders on my black heads though and got rid of a fair few. I finished it off with a black head strip to grab hold of any last little black heads. I’m super happy with the results from these and their now firmly put in my weekly skin care routine.
I think since it’s now officially supposed to be summer, its time to do a 10 things im loving post.
- Lush Tea Tree Toner Water – I’ve had this for a while and keep going back to it because its been working so well on my skin at helping to calm and prevent breakouts and its the perfect size for sticking in your hand bag if you want to spritz your face with it during the day to feel more refreshed.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost – I’ve had this for a little while now and its my number one highlighter! I’m looking at eventually getting some of the others but its such a nice highlighter and it doesnt have to be blinding but if you want to, you can build it up which is what I absolutely love about it! Its perfect for every occasion!
- Apple Music – I was a little bit late on the ride for this one and it was a friend who finally convinced me to try it when he was using it whilst we were snowboarding. I think its so good and I absolutely love it so much! I love that you can save the songs to your phone and make your own playlists and its perfect for now its getting sunnier for those sunny walks with some music on your headphones.
- The original Champneys health spa, summer dream rewarding butter souffle – I’ve had the set of the body wash, body scrub and body butter for a while, but during the winter I get lazy and often forget about the body scrub and body butter unless I have a race that requires shorts. But these have the nicest smell to them and I love them, their a fair price for what you get and a little goes a long way especially with the body butter.
- Adidas Original trainers – I brought these a few months back because I’m wearing through my other trainers so quickly and these have become one of my outfit staples. They go with so many different outfits and are super comfy, by far my favourite trainers.
- Gardenia Blossom scented candle – I brought this from Clintons a few months back and fell in love with the scent. It was planned to go in my bathroom for when I’m having a bath, but it ended up being moved to my bedroom and is my go to candle at the moment. The scent is amazing and so summery, I’m looking at getting body wash and body butter in the same scent! Its my favourite!
- Peppermint tea – I was told to drink a lot of peppermint tea by my doctors for my stomach condition, especially for when I’m stressed, and the last seven or so months have been super stressful so I’ve been downing this by the gallon and to be totally honest, I actually really like it, its got a nice refreshing taste that actually makes me feel a tad more awake once I’ve finished it. I’ve got a box at my boyfriends as well I love it that much!
- A notebook – I know this isn’t a specific thing, but I’ve really been enjoying having a notebook and pen on me at all times so I can write down things that come to mind and also have notes on me when I go to hospital appointments. Its also really helpful at letting me keep track of my health to tell my care team as well as noting down things I dont want to forget or ideas that I want to try. I really do love a good notebook!
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – I have this in the shade Androgyny and its by far my favourite liquid lipstick. I love how it applies so nicely and isn’t drying on the lips, it also has such a bold and long lasting colour so you dont have to keep re-applying it.
- Infamous Second Son – my boyfriends bother lent me some PS4 games to play after I had an operation and had to not do anything for two weeks, and this was one of them. Its been my total favourite and I really love it, its an idea and story that I hadn’t realised anyone had done yet or at least done well and I’m totally hooked.
So those are my ten things I’m loving at the moment. I’m planning on uploading a bit more regularly as I’m coming to the end of my HND course and family/medical stuff is starting to sort itself out so I should have a bit more time to do things and blog for you all.
Comment below what you’re loving at the moment to give me ideas of things to try!
Since my last skin care routine post I have changed the products that I have been using and started to see a really good change in my skin. I’ve been planning this post for a while but I wanted to make sure I had a strong opinion of these products before I reviewed them and updated my routine.
I now use The Body Shop tea tree face wash, toner and scrub as well as the charcoal face mask. I found these are really nice products that don’t feel harsh on your skin and I love that the scrub can also be used as a face mask which you only leave on for five minutes, perfect for a quick night mask on a busy evening if you don’t have time every night to put a fifteen minute face mask on.
I usually start by taking my make up off with a make up wipe or a cleansing wipe, before using the face wash to remove any remaining make up and dirt. I then use the scrub and depending on my mood, I’ll either leave it on for five minutes then scrub it off or I’ll just scrub my face and wash it off. After this I pat my face dry with a towel and use a cotton pad to apply the toner. For a moisturiser I use the Simple oil balancing moisturiser.
This skin routine has currently worked wonders for me and my skin has cleared up amazingly. I do this every night, sometimes using the charcoal mask in place of the scrub.
Comment below your favourite skin care products!
So since the weathers starting to get colder here in the UK, the elements start to take it out on your hair as well as your skin. You blow dry your hair and chuck it up into buns a lot more during the winter which really affects your hair. My hair personally is oily at the top & dry at the ends meaning I have to wash my hair pretty much everyday rather than the every other day.
For my hair I use the L’Oreal extraordinary clay rebalancing shampoo & conditioner. I also use their hair mask for your roots. You put the hair mask all over your dry roots and leave in for five minutes, then hop in the shower and rinse it out until it runs clear. The only problem I found with the hair mask was it turned my fingers blue which I couldn’t get off to start with, however the shampoo gets it out when you shampoo your hair. After using the hair mask your hair feels cleaner straight away, and after following through with the shampoo & conditioner my hair felt really smooth. Once my hair was dry my roots looked so much better and my hair even felt softer which I wasn’t expecting. Even the next day my hair didn’t look greasy or grimy which was a change, meaning I got to shower with out washing my hair!
For my skin, I usually take my make up off with the Oil infused Micellar water before washing my face with Dr.Organic bioactive tea tree face wash. I got this from Holland & Barrettes and it only cost me around £7 and you get a decent sized tube of it. You only need a bit about the size of a 5p coin as its pretty runny and once applied to a wet face, it lathers into a foam pretty nicely. I’m hoping to buy a face brush as some point of a Clarisonic mia when I save the money, so I think this face wash would work nicely with that. I then follow with the Dr.Organic dead sea mineral bio-plasma mud mask. You only need to apply this for ten minutes so I usually do my face routine, put this on then the hair mask so I wash both the hair and face mask off in the shower. You only need a thin layer & at first its pretty tough to squeeze out the tube, however my face felt really clean after this.
The last thing I do once I get out the shower is use the Lush Tea Tree Toner Water which makes your face feel so fresh and clean, before using the Lush Imperialis face moisturiser. Once this is all done I dry my hair and apply my make up and I’m good to go!