Autumn is by far my favourite season, its the time of having Lush baths, candles, books and hot chocolates with the log fire going. I don’t think that there is anything I prefer better than snuggling on the sofa under a blanket with a cup of tea or hot chocolate watching a film or reading a book (my autumn book list will be up soon as well!!)
One of my personal favourites is going for walks or cycle rides through the woods, where the leaves are starting to fall and it just smells so fresh. Nothing beats some of the views you’ll spot or having some coffee and cake after a nice walk or cycle.
My second thing is all the autumn scented things that come out (body shop vanilla pumpkin body wash & moisturiser is my life right now). Theres never a more perfect time to light some candles and smother yourself in scented moisturisers before getting into some fluffy pyjamas.
The third thing is how fresh the mornings are. This is normally something a lot of people hate but I love the colder weather and how refreshing it is to walk through in the morning, it really wakes you up I feel. Also makes you appreciate the warmth of the bus when you finally get on it!
Getting to layer clothing. Jumpers and leggings with fluffy socks and hoodies just so many ways to layer clothes and its the perfect weather for wearing both a hoody and a leather jacket! And don’t forget getting to wear hats finally and gloves and scarves!
Reading a book after a bath. Nothing beats reading a good book after a nice bath, especially if you reading via fairy lights draped in your room all snuggled under a thick duvet and blanket.
Thunderstorms. I’m a total sucker for thunderstorms, if its raining then you can guarantee Im wrapped in a blanket and hoody reading in the conservatory where I can hear the rain hitting the roof. Its also the perfect time to put some logs on the fire and cosy the place up!
Whats your favourite things about autumn?
Photos are mine.
I think since it’s now officially supposed to be summer, its time to do a 10 things im loving post.
- Lush Tea Tree Toner Water – I’ve had this for a while and keep going back to it because its been working so well on my skin at helping to calm and prevent breakouts and its the perfect size for sticking in your hand bag if you want to spritz your face with it during the day to feel more refreshed.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost – I’ve had this for a little while now and its my number one highlighter! I’m looking at eventually getting some of the others but its such a nice highlighter and it doesnt have to be blinding but if you want to, you can build it up which is what I absolutely love about it! Its perfect for every occasion!
- Apple Music – I was a little bit late on the ride for this one and it was a friend who finally convinced me to try it when he was using it whilst we were snowboarding. I think its so good and I absolutely love it so much! I love that you can save the songs to your phone and make your own playlists and its perfect for now its getting sunnier for those sunny walks with some music on your headphones.
- The original Champneys health spa, summer dream rewarding butter souffle – I’ve had the set of the body wash, body scrub and body butter for a while, but during the winter I get lazy and often forget about the body scrub and body butter unless I have a race that requires shorts. But these have the nicest smell to them and I love them, their a fair price for what you get and a little goes a long way especially with the body butter.
- Adidas Original trainers – I brought these a few months back because I’m wearing through my other trainers so quickly and these have become one of my outfit staples. They go with so many different outfits and are super comfy, by far my favourite trainers.
- Gardenia Blossom scented candle – I brought this from Clintons a few months back and fell in love with the scent. It was planned to go in my bathroom for when I’m having a bath, but it ended up being moved to my bedroom and is my go to candle at the moment. The scent is amazing and so summery, I’m looking at getting body wash and body butter in the same scent! Its my favourite!
- Peppermint tea – I was told to drink a lot of peppermint tea by my doctors for my stomach condition, especially for when I’m stressed, and the last seven or so months have been super stressful so I’ve been downing this by the gallon and to be totally honest, I actually really like it, its got a nice refreshing taste that actually makes me feel a tad more awake once I’ve finished it. I’ve got a box at my boyfriends as well I love it that much!
- A notebook – I know this isn’t a specific thing, but I’ve really been enjoying having a notebook and pen on me at all times so I can write down things that come to mind and also have notes on me when I go to hospital appointments. Its also really helpful at letting me keep track of my health to tell my care team as well as noting down things I dont want to forget or ideas that I want to try. I really do love a good notebook!
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – I have this in the shade Androgyny and its by far my favourite liquid lipstick. I love how it applies so nicely and isn’t drying on the lips, it also has such a bold and long lasting colour so you dont have to keep re-applying it.
- Infamous Second Son – my boyfriends bother lent me some PS4 games to play after I had an operation and had to not do anything for two weeks, and this was one of them. Its been my total favourite and I really love it, its an idea and story that I hadn’t realised anyone had done yet or at least done well and I’m totally hooked.
So those are my ten things I’m loving at the moment. I’m planning on uploading a bit more regularly as I’m coming to the end of my HND course and family/medical stuff is starting to sort itself out so I should have a bit more time to do things and blog for you all.
Comment below what you’re loving at the moment to give me ideas of things to try!
What would Christmas be with out Lush? It seems to be mandatory for bloggers and YouTubers to do a Lush haul, so not only am I doing a Lush haul, but I found another bath bomb brand that is less well known and will being doing a haul & review on their products soon. Either way lets get on with the Lush products that I did buy, I didn’t get that many, I only got four, but I have more coming from the other company.
The first one I got way the Father Christmas bath bomb. I’ve seen this one be reviewed so much that I thought I’d give it a go and see what I think. I really like the scent, its sweet but not in a sickly way. I find that some scents are too sickly but I think that once this is in the bath it will smell amazing! Its one that will definitely fill the bathroom and really get you into a cosy mood where you get into bed right after and watch a film or read a book.
The second one I got was the Santasaurus reusable bubble bar. I love the look of this one because I love dinosaurs, I don’t know why but anything with a dinosaur on is a must for me to buy, so when I saw this I knew I had to get it. I’ve never used a reusable bubble bar so I’m not too sure if I’m going to like it, but we will find out. I really like the smell of this one, its not a sweet scent and I dont know the official word for it but it smells deeper/darker like its not a sweet scent, its almost muskier?? I’m not really sure but it smells soooo good!
The third one I brought was the Snowie bubble bar. When it turned up it was a little chipped and missing an eye, but its no biggie cos I’m gonna crush it anyway. I like the faint glitter/shine in it, I’m really excited to use this bubble bar and may use it tonight then review it for you guys tomorrow, but either way its really cute and is again one of my favourite scents, its muskier (again not sure if that the right word but we’re gonna go with it) and looks really cute, even missing an eye.
The last one I got was the Christmas Penguin bubble bar, again totally excited to use this and purely because it was a penguin, I felt the need to buy it. Its really cute and I like how it’s in a cone shape, its kinda cute… I’m not too sure on the scent but I’m hoping its one of those that smells a thousand times better in the bath.
Sorry blogmas kinda failed straight away, but I’ve been mega busy and haven’t had much time to plan them that well, but I’m still gonna try and do it!
So since the weathers starting to get colder here in the UK, the elements start to take it out on your hair as well as your skin. You blow dry your hair and chuck it up into buns a lot more during the winter which really affects your hair. My hair personally is oily at the top & dry at the ends meaning I have to wash my hair pretty much everyday rather than the every other day.
For my hair I use the L’Oreal extraordinary clay rebalancing shampoo & conditioner. I also use their hair mask for your roots. You put the hair mask all over your dry roots and leave in for five minutes, then hop in the shower and rinse it out until it runs clear. The only problem I found with the hair mask was it turned my fingers blue which I couldn’t get off to start with, however the shampoo gets it out when you shampoo your hair. After using the hair mask your hair feels cleaner straight away, and after following through with the shampoo & conditioner my hair felt really smooth. Once my hair was dry my roots looked so much better and my hair even felt softer which I wasn’t expecting. Even the next day my hair didn’t look greasy or grimy which was a change, meaning I got to shower with out washing my hair!
For my skin, I usually take my make up off with the Oil infused Micellar water before washing my face with Dr.Organic bioactive tea tree face wash. I got this from Holland & Barrettes and it only cost me around £7 and you get a decent sized tube of it. You only need a bit about the size of a 5p coin as its pretty runny and once applied to a wet face, it lathers into a foam pretty nicely. I’m hoping to buy a face brush as some point of a Clarisonic mia when I save the money, so I think this face wash would work nicely with that. I then follow with the Dr.Organic dead sea mineral bio-plasma mud mask. You only need to apply this for ten minutes so I usually do my face routine, put this on then the hair mask so I wash both the hair and face mask off in the shower. You only need a thin layer & at first its pretty tough to squeeze out the tube, however my face felt really clean after this.
The last thing I do once I get out the shower is use the Lush Tea Tree Toner Water which makes your face feel so fresh and clean, before using the Lush Imperialis face moisturiser. Once this is all done I dry my hair and apply my make up and I’m good to go!
Welcome to my blog! My blog is going to contain things about make up, fashion & more, both product reviews, products I love & hauls. As well as this I’ll also upload about any interesting day outs I have no matter what. I thought since this is a new blog it would be a good idea to do a bit of an intro to myself.
I’m nineteen & from London, I work in a bike shop around my studies and I’m hoping to become a physiotherapist. I’m very sporty, competing in cycling events and training martial arts to a high level. Apart from this I have a slight obsession with home ware & candles, I love the Autumn/Winter time and I have a dog called Bailey. I like make up and clothes and have way to much of it, as well as having an obsession with bath & body products resulting in me having tons of bubble baths and constantly changing my body wash & moisturiser. I am working on my YouTube channel although I’m not at editing yet, but I’m working on it, and I enjoy photography so can take a decent photo.
I’m going to aim to post at least once a week, although sometimes my life can get a bit chaotic but I’ll try my best to always have a post for you each week!